Logo
 
Sale & Clearance
Deal Of The Day
Pale Malt Extract (LME)
Please select from the following option(s) to see pricing and availability.
Weight: 
Description

A little darker than Ultralight, the Pale Malt Extract has a more pronounced malt flavor. Made with American 2-row with Carapils added for body and mouthfeel. Perfect for Pale Ales, IPA's and all darker style beers.  If you are making a darker beer you simply steep darker specialty grains to obtain the flavor and color you are looking for.

Packaged in oxygen barrier foil bags that keep the extract from oxidizing. Does fresh extract make a difference ...decide for yourself!

We recommend customers store their extract in the refrigerator if they do not plan on using it within 8 weeks.

Sample Analysis:
Solids......79%
Fermentability......75%
Color......4L
 

Community Q&A

Start typing your question and we'll check if it was already asked and answered. Learn More
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 10 answers
Why did you choose this?
MoreFlavor Store
to brew
Benjamin K on Jun 13, 2018
Recipe called for it.
Chuckles on May 8, 2018
to brew
Benjamin K on Jun 13, 2018
Pale ale malt is needed for my Scottish ales and 9lb containers are a better size for a heavier ale
Lloyd M on May 21, 2018
Recipe called for it.
Chuckles on May 8, 2018
Makes a great IPA 9lbs = a healthy 6.5 gallon batch of beer.
Darren H on Apr 4, 2018
A quick extract beer in the pipeline in between all grain.
paul s on Mar 7, 2018
Prior experience
Raymond P on Mar 7, 2018
Up ABV
jeff san m on Feb 19, 2018
MY HUSBAND LIKES THIS
Deborah N on Jan 26, 2018
This is the perfect size for the amber ale
Richard O on Jan 24, 2018
I use it for starters.
William D on Jan 22, 2018
Pale ale malt is needed for my Scottish ales and 9lb containers are a better size for a heavier ale
Lloyd M on May 21, 2018
Makes a great IPA 9lbs = a healthy 6.5 gallon batch of beer.
Darren H on Apr 4, 2018
Reviews

4.6 / 5.0
8 Reviews
5 Stars
4 Stars
3 Stars
2 Stars
1 Stars
7
0
0
1
0
Makes a good IPA. Easy to pour ot of the bag, very little waste. I like the amber color in the glass.
April 5, 2018
Purchased
2 months ago
Hate the packaging
The product is fine EXCEPT the packaging. I like the rigid containers that are so much easier to use. The flimsy pouch makes it very difficult to pour and rinse them to get all the syrup out without making a mess and getting everything sticky along the way. Not good if you don't use the whole package and want to store some.
March 5, 2018
Purchased
5 months ago
The best!!!!
I love it. My breakfast with this malt extract is very nice ??
February 12, 2018
Purchased
4 months ago
Great Extract
I've made 3 beers in a row with this stuff and all have turned out great. It helped get rid of that extract "twang" that I was tasting in many of home brews made with other extracts not from MoreBeer. So far this is the second extract from MoreBeer that I've tried but I love this one so much and it's so versatile that it's hard to switch to anything else. I made a brown, a black IPA and an Pumpkin beer using this extract and they were fresh and clean. Love it. It does finish pretty dry but still has the maltiness that gives it some character.
October 31, 2015
Fresh. great quality
Granted, I didn't do the side-by-side Pepsi challenge on these, but very high quality indeed. When making an extract, I like to put ~15% in at start of boil, and the other 85% in at the end. It limits the "extract flavor" in extract brews (just my own opinion, not fact, no hate mail please).
May 14, 2014
Excellent LME
I have made many excellent brews with this LME. I actually prefer some of LME brews I have made over some all-grains I have made. I have brought them to parties and shared them with numerous people and they passed up all of the micro-brewed bottled stuff for the stuff I brewed with MoreBeer LME and other ingredients. Thanks MoreBeer for keeping it fresh.
May 1, 2014
No twang here.
Great extract malt. It tasted and smelled very fresh. It also attenuated well using a proper pitch of yeast and O2.
May 31, 2013
Super Fresh
I roll my extract bags like a tube of toothpaste to get as much out as possible. Also, to preserve a light color, I turn off my burner when adding extract to my boil. This prevents further caramelization.
May 9, 2013